January 1, 2012

happy new year


I want to wish everyone a happy new year! All the best for 2012!

The 1911 corset sew along starts tomorrow! It's not too late to participate. Supplies can be ordered while we are patterning and fitting mock-ups, we won't be cutting the fabric for our corsets until the end of this month so they'll have time to arrive. Before we start I thought I'd share one more pretty corset form the Met.

© Metropolitan Museum of Art, accession number 2009.300.2890a-c

I'll see you tomorrow and we'll start altering our patterns!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Right, I cannot delay any longer...off to buy my supplies (from your fabulous sources) this week!! Looking forward to getting started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year jo!

    I've cracked and ordered ticking for my corset. That's what made yours so special, I think.

    ReplyDelete