March 1, 2012

1911 - this end up


I decided to let a small edge of lace peek out under the bias trim at the top of the corset. Just enough to tell me "this end up."


Of course the garters already say, "this end down," but you get the idea. I'm still ambivalent about the trim on top but I think most of my problem is the shine. I wanted the garters to be satin and I wanted the rest of the trim to match so shine I got. Anyway, best to quit second guessing and just keep sewing. Tomorrow I'll show the flossing from the front and the back and I'll take photos of the finished corset this weekend.

Those of you sewing along who stuck to the schedule are amazing. I am impressed. And those of you who a running a bit behind, like me, just keep sewing. Anybody else finishing up the last steps?

8 comments:

  1. My pattern modifications changed the lengths of some of the bones, so I'm still waiting on 3 bones that are in the mail :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have been an inspiration. I will keep paddling along behind, content if I just get the corset done, even if nowhere near on-schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep sewing, just keep sewing.

      Delete
    2. Still having fitting issues on the mockup. Good thing it's the mockup, there's blood here and there all over it!

      Delete
  3. I finished the corset yesterday, and finished editing and posting the photos today! I would like to encourage everyone by saying that I was more than two weeks behind until last week.

    I managed to break 5 needles flossing yesterday. I am still really on the fence about the garters, so I am leaving them off for now. Thanks again, this was super fun! I am really excited to see everyone's photos as they come in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray finished corset! Congratulations!

      Delete
  4. I actually just started mine. All of you are such an inspiration! Thanks, Jo, for gathering all the posts together for those, like me, are starting after the fact. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete