February 8, 2012

possibly the best picture of a crinoline ever


Maybe that's an overstatement, but it is a really nice image. Of course since I took the picture I would think that.


This crinoline is part of the exhibit "On the Home Front: Civil War Fashions and Domestic Life," on view at the Kent State University Museum through August 26, 2012. If you'd like to see more of the Foundations section of the exhibit you can watch this video tour of the exhibit. In fact, there are tours of the entire exhibit available for viewing. If you want to see some crazy Victorian hair jewelry check this one out. Wow.

I'll be back tomorrow with more sew along info. Until then I hope you enjoy the videos!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo! Thanks for sharing.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go (I already have my Civil War corset). Thanks for linking to the video tours, and it is the best picture of a crinoline ever!

    ReplyDelete