April 12, 2010

elastic issues


Why is nothing as easy as it appears it should be? Weeks ago, after attaching the shoulder straps I asked for opinions about covering the garters with brocade, or leaving them plain elastic. After reading your comments (thank you for your input) I decided to go with the plain elastic. The contrast against the brocade should look nice, and it suits the time period of the corselet too. But look at this.


One inch wide elastic and 1 5/8 inch wide clips and grips. I've gone to the three closest sewing supply stores and have not found elastic the right width. Argh! If I can't find the right width in the fashion district I'm going to have to cover them. Not the end of the world, but keep your fingers crossed that I find what I'm looking for.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete