June 5, 2010

the worst pictures of the best fitting


I don't believe it. It fits


It's hard to see past those giant seam allowances, and I couldn't lift my arm to get a better shot, but I swear it fits perfectly. Wait, let me me put it on again with the seam allowance to the inside.


There is some digging into my waist at the back, but I think that's caused by the boning in the 1 inch seam allowance. When I chalked in a waistline it was right where the seam line is on the pattern. The seam allowance along the neckline will also be gone so that area will look much prettier.

How often does a pattern work as is? Never!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is cool. Lucky you :)
    Btw. I love your mock-up fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is excellent! I can't say that too many patterns fit me first time (or maybe I haven't really found the era that does justice to my figure)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! congratulations! can't remember the last time a pattern fitted as is... fiddling about trying to make things fit can be so time-consuming and no good for someone with my dwindling patience levels! Pretty fabric, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats =) Have you decided on the sleeve yet? I don't know why but when I saw the pic I got the thought that it would be nice with som layers of lace draping on only the outside of the arm , kind of falling from the bottom edge of the shoulderstrap to above the elbow.

    Can't wait to see more =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stunned that it fits. But I'll take it. We'll see if the luck hold out to the fitting of the sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Hope the rest of it goes as well!

    ReplyDelete