The plan is to make the foundation separately from the bodice fashion fabric then attached them together. I don't want two layers of coutil for the foundation, just one with additional fabric to make channels for the boning. I made patterns to cut the channel fabric by lining the pattern up with the channels on the grain line and tracing around what was needed.
before I added the channel pieces I sewed the other pieces together, stay stitched, then graded the seam allowances.
Then I laid the channel pieces in place and stitched using 1/2 inch wide tape as a guide to keep the stitch lines perfect.
Here is the back of the bodice foundation partially completed.
And here is what it will look like from the interior of the garment.
Nice and clean. I am worried about the waviness happening. I pressed the fabric before I cut it, after it was stitched together, and again after the seams were graded, but the waves. I believe it will be gone once the boning is in place, but still. Stupid waves. Anyway, I'll build the front of the bodice foundation the same way then stitch them together. Then the lacing, then I'll move on to the outer layer and the sleeves.