November 12, 2011

a corset that will never be worn


A quick image of one of the projects I'm working on that has been keeping me from the Corsets and Crinoline corsets. Since it's corset related I thought I'd share it even though it's not quite finished.


I'm so pleased with how the quilting matches at the center front. I originally planned a separate panel for the busk but when I saw that chevron I nixed that plan. I'll be back next week with pictures of the finished piece and an explanation.

11 comments:

  1. As always - beautifully executed (with restraint)! I love the chevron effect as well....are you still going to bone the front panel...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you V and E! I am going to insert a busk, but into the fold, not with a darker dupioni panel. I I sewed the quilting for structural purposes and never considered that the lines would meet in the middle. I'm so glad they did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You tease though - just a picture and makeing us wait for an explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - as always. I want to see a finished corset at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    The wait will only be a couple days as I'm did the finishing this weekend so I only need to photograph the corset.

    I hear you Wredota. An update with a finished corset is sorely needed here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That title just breaks my heart...all existing corsets should be worn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous! I can't wait for the explanation and to see the completed project.

    ReplyDelete