August 18, 2010

unpacking


Don't move. Wait, I don't really mean that. What I meant to say is, go to new places but sell everything you have because packing and unpacking is a hassle. No, that's not right either. Maybe the better statement is, take the leap. Move to a new place. Edit everything you have so you pack only what is important to you, but definitely and keep all your books, fabric, and corsets. And your grandfather's martini glasses even though you only use them once a year.

I've managed to take the boxes of books from this,

to this.


It's a start. I have not hit the box with the 1650's bodice in it yet. I better find it soon. Those eyelets won't stitch themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I've always considered the state of No Visible Boxes as a major milestone after a move. This doesn't mean they can't be stashed in closets and under beds, but at least I don't have to look at them all the time.

    Good luck with the shelving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are the biggest pain to move but I could never part with them. Even though I gave away nearly half of mine when I last moved, they still manage to take up an entire wall in our living room. >.<

    ReplyDelete